Spilanthes is a genus of plants that are rich in alkylamides, compounds that stimulate the CB2 receptors. The plant has a long history of use as a medicinal herb. Spilanthes is a plant with great potential to alleviate human suffering, and this potential is scarcely recognized outside of a few researchers.
- The main active component of Spilanthes is a compound named Spilanthol.
- Growing Spilanthes.
- Spilanthes Seed
- Making a Tincture of Spilanthes.
- Traditional Uses of Spilanthes.
- Culinary Uses of Spilanthes.
- Safety of Spilanthes.
- Spilanthes or Acmella? What's in a name? What is the name?
- Do the active ingredients in Spilanthes cross the Blood-Brain Barrier?
Scientific Research on Spilanthes
Monographs and Reviews
- The genus spilanthes ethnopharmacology, phytochemistry, and pharmacological properties: a review.
- Phytochemistry, Pharmacology and Toxicology of Spilanthes acmella: A Review.
- High therapeutic potential of Spilanthes acmella: A review.
- An updated review on medicinal herb genus Spilanthes.
- Spilanthes acmella ethanolic flower extract: LC-MS alkylamide profiling and its effects on sexual behavior in male rats. (It's also an aphrodisiac!)
- More on the way.